Richard Bartram.

Special Counsel.

Accredited Specialist
Family Law

More from Richard.

Should I stay or should I go? Whether to leave the home after separation

If you are thinking of separating or have separated it is best to get competent legal advice.

Things to consider if you are thinking of separating

Get advice from a Family Law solicitor before you do anything as this may change what you do, for example you may still decide to separate and leave the former matrimonial home but it is important to understand and weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of leaving the home before doing so.

Separation under one roof

Separation commences when one member of a relationship/marriage communicates to their partner that the relationship is over and interacts differently towards that person.