Additional legal avenues to consider

Making a claim through your Super & TPD insurance

Your superannuation policy may cover injuries as a result of a road accident. As a result, you may be entitled to additional compensation.

Update your will

After a serious injury, it can be wise to make changes to your will (or draft your first will). Our Wills team can offer you a complimentary review of your will. Bring it your first appointment or use our online tool and have it reviewed by a lawyer.

Resources & FAQs

Answers to common questions in
relation to the expertise.

Moore v Goldhagen

TAC incident in which the plaintiff (Mr Moore) alleged that he was struck by a bus driven by the defendant (Mr Goldhagen) and sustained physical and psychological injuries. The plaintiff made a claim for pain and suffering and economic loss.

Akl v TAC [2024] VCC 242

Recently the County Court examined whether a young adult can be found to be suffering from a “severe” psychiatric injury when, as an 8 year old child, he was exposed to the immediate aftermath of a transport accident in which his older ‘father figure’ brother was killed.

Connelly v TAC – Injury meets the ‘very considerable’ test

The Supreme Court of Victoria Court of Appeal has recently passed down its judgement in the case of Connelly v Transport Accident Commission [2024] VSCA 20.