"Straight to the point. You'll know where you stand."
When talking to Harry, you'll quickly learn a few things about him. He is very personable, easy to talk to - and most importantly, you will know exactly where your injury claim stands and what your options are.
Unlike many of the larger firms that 'process' their clients, Harry genuinely cares about his clients and understands that injury litigation isn’t what they want their life to be about.
Both Harry's experience and knowledge in WorkCover, TAC and public liability personal injury law are second-to-none. He strongly believes in substance over appearance and his lobbying work to WorkSafe and the Government on numerous issues over many years is a testament to his credibility - and that he cares.
Heavily influenced today's Victorian WorkCover policy
For nine years, Harry was the Chair of the LIV's Workers' Compensation Committee. His work between 2004 to 2013 helped achieve far greater stabilisation after a period when the WorkCover scheme was highly turbulent for two decades.
The Committee, led by Harry, negotiated with the Victorian WorkCover Authority and made submissions to the Government on a range of issues including:
- "The Hanks Review" which modernised the WorkCover legislation for Victorian employees
- The Fixed Costs Model
- Drafting of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act, the latest version of the WorkCover legislation
- Persistent lobbying was largely responsible for an amendment to the WorkCover legislation which allows ongoing weekly earnings benefits to be paid between the settlement of Common Law and receipt of damages by the worker (This has been called "the Harry Gill amendment" by WorkSafe.)
An industry leader and Accredited Specialist
Harry is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law and has also worked on the LIV Personal Injury Advisory Committee which sets the accreditation exams.
Throughout his almost 40 years of experience, he has volunteered for numerous industry positions, including the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) Legal Liaison Group (2002 - 2004) and the Victorian WorkCover Authority (VWA) Legal Liaison Group (2007 - present).
In the office, Harry mentored personal injury lawyers Jeremy King and Danielle Meyer to become principals at Robinson Gill. He continues to mentor and advise the junior personal injury lawyers in their careers.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm.)
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Alliance